HaveFaith.org

Questions and Answers from the Bible by Les Feldick

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Is AI good or bad? Is AI in the Bible?

KJV Bible: Revelations 13:14-15

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life (4151 pneúma – properly, spirit (Spirit), wind, or breath.) unto the image 1504 (eikṓn (from 1503 /eíkō, "be like") – properly, "mirror-like representation," referring to what is very close in resemblance) of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Through the Bible with Les Feldick, Book 12

LESSON ONE * PART III ANTI-CHRIST - "FALSE PROPHET"

Revelation 13:14,15

"And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast (the Anti-christ. Remember, he begins his power base in this revived Roman Empire, in the Mediterranean and Western Europe. By the time of the Tribulation, the Anti-christ's power will be world-wide. So this false prophet had power); saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast."

"And he (this false prophet) had power to give life to the image of the beast,..."

I previously have said that the Japanese have a technology to build a biological computer. In other words, it won't be just electronic, but will have living biological cells. Now what they are driving at, I don't know. But it will be a computer that will put the present-day computers to shame. And I think that is just an indication of what we have here. That this image is going to be the brain of our technology so that it will actually be able to speak and think and give orders. One of our national news magazines a few weeks ago had a lead article on the electronic explosion that is about to come upon us. Where television will not only be the incoming of information, but also the outflow. The old TV set will just be the center of everything. This is being set up for just exactly this situation, where one world government will have their thumb on every home around the planet. Nobody will be left out. So this image was able to speak.

Revelation 13:15

"...that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

Again, I think it will come through the information of television. The powers that be will know all activity of every home. There will be no escaping it. I've told my classes that `they' know all about you. And more than once someone will say, "And who are `they?'" I don't know precisely, but I know it and you know it. We've all read articles about how they know where we spend our money and where we have it invested. They know our health. They know everything. And so who are they? The powers that be. Insurance companies, financial institutions, magazines. In farm magazines I can get a free subscription by completing a survey which asks how many cows I have, how many acres I have, etc. I quit filling them out. I'd rather pay for my subscription because they don't have to know. It is the same in every other occupation. They want to know everything about your business. It seems so innocent, but it isn't. It will come back to haunt people that someone out there knows everything about them. Once you are in someone's computer this information is kept and added to every time there is a transaction. They, who are they? Anyway, verse 16. So this great religious leader:

Through the Bible with Les Feldick, Book 10

LESSON ONE * PART I NEBUCHADNEZZAR AND DREAM (DANIEL 3)

Revelation 13:13,14

"And he doeth great wonders (oh he's a counterfeit), so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,..." Now Christ will never deceive but this counterfeit will. "And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do (I'm always emphasizing, just because it is a miracle don't say, "That's God." Satan has tremendous miracle working power, and he is going to really do it here in the tribulation.) in the sight of the beast (remember these are two great world leaders, these aren't animals, they are men, but they are bestial in their personality because they will be so ruthless toward their fellow man.); saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast (so they will make an image of the Anti-christ just like Nebuchadnezzar did back in Daniel. Nebuchadnezzar thought he'd bring all the worship of the world and centralize it in himself, by building this great image. Now the Anti-christ and the false prophet are going to conspire together to do the same thing. They, too, will amalgamate all the religions of the world together to make them worship one great image.); which had the wound by a sword, and did live."

Team builds first living robots—that can reproduce  November 29, 2021

AI-designed Xenobots reveal entirely new form of biological self-replication—promising for regenerative medicine

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the Image in Revelations an AI Robot?

Although humans can presently produce a robot that speaks Revelation 13:14,15 says “15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak …” that it is the beast and not the people that give “life unto the image” by giving the image a spirit and the spirit allows the image to speak. It seems to me that this could be a statue like sculpture that comes to life and speaks which would be an obvious impressive miracle much more than if the people create a robot the looks like the beast that speaks. This leads me to believe that this may not be related to AI.

Les above refers to the similarity between this and the story of Nebuchadnezzar. bibleplaces.com states Golden Statue “Nebuchadnezzar the king made a statue of gold (Daniel 3:1). The statue described in Daniel 3 is usually assumed to have been human in form, an assumption which is probably correct. The text seems to imply that it was an image of Nebuchadnezzar’s god (3:12, 14, 18, 28). A “statue of gold” could mean “a gold-plated statue,” although the Greek historian Herodotus (5th century BC) was convinced it was solid gold. This gold statuette depicts the Egyptian god Amun.” Whereas Nebuchadnezzar made a statue to his god in Revelations 13:14-15 the statue is of the beast which declares himself to be God and the statue is of him (2 Thessalonians 2:4.). The beast that is the Antichrist has the power to bring a statue to life by giving it a spirit.

What is Artificial Intelligence?

Artificial - made by human work or art, not by nature; not natural.

Intelligence - the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills.

-------------------------------------------From https://tashheer.com/

Google Vs. AI: How can we Compare AI with Google Search

The Battle of Search Engines: A Side-by-Side Comparison of Google Search and Artificial Intelligence

When comparing Google and AI search, several factors must be considered, including accuracy, speed, and the ability to understand natural language queries. In terms of accuracy, AI search has the potential to provide more relevant results because it understands the intent behind a query. However, Google search may still provide more accurate results for specific queries because of its vast index of websites.

In terms of speed, Google search is generally faster because it does not need to process the meaning behind a query. AI search, on the other hand, may take longer because it needs to understand the intent behind a query before providing results.

Their site has some more very good detail about AI.

-------------------------------------------End of https://tashheer.com/

(1) Accuracy – AI understands the intent behind a query

Each time I go to YouTube I will find new videos that seem similar to the videos I watched the last time apparently it is their suggestion about what I might like based on my previous preferences. I wonder if YouTube calculates which other videos are watched the most times by other people that watched the same video I did the last time and suggest those videos to me? Is this what they mean by AI understanding the intent behind a query? Especially considering I did not even request suggestions so they are already anticipating what I will be searching for the next time before I even search. It is obvious that the present search engines can include bias so isn’t it likely that AI might contain Bias also? Would it be accurate to say that AI “understands the intent behind a query” AND understands the intent of its programmer. YouTube likely does not just try to guide me to videos I might like only to help me it also likely tries to guide me to ones the will keep me on YouTube longer to watch more videos and more ads. Who will verify that AI continues to give correct answers?

Most of ChatGPT's answers to drug questions are wrong: Study - Published December 5, 2023

Nearly 75% of ChatGPT's answers to drug-related questions are incomplete or wrong, according to a study conducted at Brookville, N.Y.-based Long Island University.

(2) Speed – AI needs to understand the intent behind a query

They say AI takes longer because needs to understand the intent behind a query which sounds very reasonable BUT that is as long as the program does not contain any “special” commands that in any way interfere with the intent of us which not only could yield an unhelpful result but also even take longer to complete the search while it tries to reconcile what we want with what it wants us to have without us realizing it is doing that.

(3) Ability to understand natural language queries

I do not use the voice function on my computer but use voice on my phone almost exclusively. They mention AI has “the ability to understand natural language queries”. When I talk to my phone I ask it a question and it is reasonably accurate at understanding what I am asking IF I talk slower and try to accent words. It seems to find pretty close matches to what I am asking for pretty quickly and seems like it might be using some information about my previous searches like other search engines and YouTube does. So is my phone using AI? One article mentioned AI has the ability to ask follow up questions although Search Engines do not but my phone does that and I am not sure why you can’t do that with a search engine?

Is AI good or bad?

One example I heard is that AI was asked to report something bad and something good about two candidates from different political parties. The AI reported it could not find anything good about one candidate and nothing bad about the other candidate. Can you guess whether the parent or programmer of this baby AI was from the party the AI could not find anything good about or the one the AI could not find anything bad about. Can anyone think of any political candidate that has not done one single good or bad thing?  Herein lies the danger of AI. It would seem unlikely that the AI made this decision on its own it must have been prejudiced by its momma or daddy who is the programmer just like a baby human child can be. AI does not have to be prejudiced it can be programmed to simply report the facts but it can easily be programmed not to and if someone says they disagree with the AI they can be told the AI is much smart than any person so it must be correct even if it’s obviously wrong.

In another case I heard someone was writing an article and they ask AI to help rearrange the words to condense the article for twitter about a controversial subject. The AI started by stating that the position the person was taking about the issue was wrong although they had not asked the AI anything about the correct position for the article. Of course there can not be any absolutely right or wrong answer for all people on many issues such as moral issues but this AI seemed to think there was. So did it come to this one-sided conclusion from an intense research effort on the subject or was it taught this by its parent the programmer? Of course it’s AI so it must be right at least according to its programmer. AI does not have to be programmed for or against specific issues for example it could be programmed to base its moral decisions on the general opinions of its parent, written and spoken words of another specific person, types of people, or books like a religious book. Some creators may allow their AI to only exchange information with certain other AI’s that are likely to be of the same opinion. If we want to verify the honesty of the AI we might want to first take a look at the honesty of the AI’s programmer(s).

After I finished and posted this article I realized I could test the honesty of my phone so I asked my phone to tell me something good and something bad about the president and the former president and the answers I received seemed to be very honest. I'm using Google and I hope some really smart AI doesn't come in and knock my present ai out of the job because I like ai just fine.

Conclusion

I am not any more concerned about AI than I am about any other program or search engine that I use. As I have listened to the explanations on TV about AI it is confusing and has concerned me why so many people are so concerned about AI and I wondered and still do if AI is something mysterious that I can not understand even though I am pretty familiar with computers and the internet. The Google search engine on my phone is pretty smart and I'm not concerned its going to try to kill me. AI or whatever you call this new technology can be one of the biggest advancements mankind has ever achieved helping us to reduce disease, feed more people, help resolve conflict and war, and to more efficiently use the precious little time we have to better enjoy life OR it can be used to not only help us with the task we are doing but to tell us what we should be doing and what we should be thinking. I don’t see it harming humans unless someone lets it harm us or tells it to harm us and no one would do that right??